Duration: 72 hours of instruction
Starts: To be announced (Mon/Tues/Thurs, 6pm-10pm)
Become an SEO guru! Master Search Engine Optimization for the algorithms of Google, Yahoo and Bing. Each student will be given control over multiple web sites, including their own "SEO digital marketing agency" Wordpress site -- which they will optimize using techniques taught in the class. Consultants in the field will be invited as guest speakers to discuss their SEO strategies and how they have implemented them for their individual clients. By the end of the course, students should be able to quickly spin up a new Wordpress web site, optimize its internal structure for SEO, analyze SEO strategies of similar competitive sites, develop the optimal keyword list, create link-worthy content, garner inbound links, and integrate with social media signals.
- HTML and CSS review
- Keyword research
- Competitive analysis
- Internal site structure: folders, breadcrumbs
- On-page optimization: titles, headings, keywords, and semantic data (rich snippets)
- Developing compelling content
- Content marketing and blogs
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Risks of duplicate content, cloaking, paid links, etc.
- Scoial media integration: Google+, Twitter, Facebook and social shares
- Labs and Instructor Review Periods
- Highschool diploma or equivalent experience
- Basic computer proficiency (ability to use a mouse, keyboard, etc)
- Familiarity with operating systems and navigating file directories
- Knowledge of HTML and basic marketing princples are recommended
Click here for a list of occupations related to search engine optimization.