PMP Certification Prep (San Francisco Only)
Duration: 60 hours of instruction and labs
Dates: May 22 - July 17, 2017
Times: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-9pm
This training prepares students for the industry standard "Project Management Professional" (PMP) certification exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI). The majority of the training will focus on project management theory: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing projects. Additional topics include overviews of methodologies such as "Agile Project Management" and hands-on training in alternatives PM applications such as Workday and Fasttrack Schedule. Students will be offered additional elective classes in using Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project software to fill any gaps in their knowledge. Training for students lacking the 4,500 hours of project management experience required for the PMP exam will target the Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) exam.
Course fees pay for the VelociTeach PMP Exam Prep Kit, which includes:
- Study tool kit with 250 flash cards, 6-page laminated Quick Reference Guide, and 6-disc set of audio CDs
- Access to InSite, Velociteach’s exclusive online e-learning program containing audio/visual lessons, downloadable exercises, and testing labs with over 800 additional practice questions
- The best-selling book The PMP® Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Fifth Ed
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Risk Management
- Determining Customer Requirements
- Program and Senior Management's Role on Projects
- What Makes A Project Manager Successful?
- Why Do Projects Fail?
- Ways to Improve your Project Management Abilities
Sandy Mitchell is a senior project manager and the director of the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of the Project Management Institute. She is a faculty instructor at San Francisco State University and video author for Lynda.com. Her certifications include:
- PMP - Project Management Prfoessional (PMP)
- PMI - ACP Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- 6 Sigma Green Belt
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree must have the following:
- Minimum three years/36 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience. All project management experience must have been accrued within the last eight consecutive years
- 4,500 hours of project management experience leading or directing project tasks
- Candidates without a Bachelor's degree must have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years/60 months unique non-overlapping professional project management experience
- 7,500 hours of project management experience leading or directing project tasks
Click here for a listing of occupations that project management.